FMDT is open to any individual, regardless of age or type of disability. At FMDT we strive to offer cost effective Trustee services with a personal touch for each of our clients.
FMDT accepts new beneficiaries through referral from attorneys, advocacy and public agencies or the Maryland courts.
For those clients who need case management or advocacy services, we are able to secure those services for you from our many resources.
HOW ARE THE FUNDS IN THE ACCOUNT USED?
Funds in an individual beneficiary’s account may be used for supplemental (or special) needs, that is, for those goods and services not already provided by the beneficiary’s public or private benefits. To illustrate, the trust may pay for such things as:
- Automobile/van services
- Accounting services
- Bus/public transportation passes
- Camera, film, recorder, tapes, film development
- Club dues and memberships
(e.g., health and book clubs, museums, etc.)
- Computer hardware, software, programs, accessories
- Conferences and classes (academic or recreational), school supplies
- Dental work not covered by private or public health insurance
- Dry cleaning and laundry services
- Elective surgery not covered by private or public health insurance
- Fitness equipment, personal training
- Funeral expenses (if paid while beneficiary is living)
- Furniture and furnishings for beneficiary’s home
- Gardening supplies and expenses
- Gasoline and automobile maintenance
- Haircuts/salon services
- Home alarm and monitoring systems
- Home improvements and repairs,
including modifications for accessibility
- House cleaning
- Landscaping and lawn services
- Legal services
- Medical services and medications not covered by private or public health insurance
- Motorized scooters
- Musical instruments, lessons and music
- Non-food grocery items, personal care items
- Pets and pet supplies, obedience training classes for pets
- Snow removal
- Sporting goods and equipment, uniforms, team photos
- Stationery, stamps
- Storage units
- Telephone service and equipment
- Television and cable service
- Tickets for travel, sporting, theatre and other events
- Vacation travel and accommodations
Following our policies and procedures when making requests for distributions will enhance the process and ensure that payments are made in a timely manner.
CHARITABLE FUNDS PROGRAM:
FMDT has established a Charitable Funds Program to provide emergency assistance to clients who have little or no resources to meet that need.